If you have problems during the execution of MRCC, please attach the output with an adequate description of your case as well as the followings:
  • the way mrcc was invoked
  • the way build.mrcc was invoked
  • the output of build.mrcc
  • compiler version (for example: ifort -V, gfortran -v)
  • blas/lapack versions
  • as well as gcc and glibc versions

This information really helps us during troubleshooting :)

Not recognizing symmetry properly

• bkwx97
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #505 by bkwx97
Not recognizing symmetry properly was created by bkwx97
Dear developers,

I ran a CCSDT/cc-pvtz computation on neo-pentane (2,2-dimethylpropane) and the program recognized it as a D2 point group. I attempted to run a CCSD(T) computation with MP2 natural orbitals and while it recognized the true point group was Td, it used C2v for the computational group rather than lowering to D2. Attached is my input file. Is it possible to tinker with the symmetry cutoff, or force it to look for certain axes to get the correct symmetry?

I am using the April 12,2017 binary.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kallay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Mihaly Kallay
More
6 years 2 months ago #506 by kallay
Replied by kallay on topic Not recognizing symmetry properly
If you use the same geometry for the CCSDT and the CCSD(T) calculations, the program must recognize the same full/computational point group. Using the version you specified and the attached input file I am getting Td/C2v, which is correct. Please note that both D2 and C2v are Abelian subgroups of Td with the same number of irreps, so either of them can be used as computational point group.

Best regards,
Mihaly Kallay

• bkwx97
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #507 by bkwx97
Replied by bkwx97 on topic Not recognizing symmetry properly
The root of my problem was the program I was doing the optimization with reported it as D2 but giving a structure close enough to C2v. I redid the optimization with the code being told that the symmetry was D2 explicitly and the optimized structure was detected by mrcc as D2.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by bkwx97.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds